Wednesday, March 31, 2010

...Action!

...and so it begins. This is the second of several new blogs that have been eating up my time over the last several days. Basically, I blame Netflix and Lists of Bests for corrupting my better judgement. Unsure of what to watch next, one day I casually stumbled upon definitive lists containing a) All of the Academy Award winners for Best Picture, b) The Criterion Collection, and c) They Shoot Films, Don't They (7900+ notable films, organized by decade).

Now, my love of lists is hardly a secret, but this is too much! I've started to tackle the Best Picture list--in addition to a lot of random picks, via instant streaming--but I have barely made a dent. Worse, my viewing habits have been leaning toward rampant consumption instead of careful consideration of each film. (Then again, some films don't deserve as much effort as others.) I intend this blog to be a space for personal reflections on everything I watch, rather than a venue for breaking news(gasp!)/gossip/promotion/formal reviews.* (..and yes, I'll be sure to add spoiler tags, when appropriate.)

*I will likely add my Netflix reviews widget in the near future.

No comments: